Thursday, July 26, 2007

Psalm 89:19-28

19 Of old you spoke in a vision to your godly one, and said:
“I have granted help to one who is mighty;
I have exalted one chosen from the people.
20 I have found David, my servant;
with my holy oil I have anointed him,
21 so that my hand shall be established with him;
my arm also shall strengthen him.
22 The enemy shall not outwit him;
the wicked shall not humble him.
23 I will crush his foes before him
and strike down those who hate him.
24 My faithfulness and my steadfast love shall be with him,
and in my name shall his horn be exalted.
25 I will set his hand on the sea
and his right hand on the rivers.
26 He shall cry to me, ‘You are my Father,
my God, and the Rock of my salvation.’
27 And I will make him the firstborn,
the highest of the kings of the earth.
28 My steadfast love I will keep for him forever,
and my covenant will stand firm for him.


Let's just say it is not bad to write a wonderful poem about the king. David's God chosen one. Strong, witty, and humble. God is behind him and taking the lead in defeating his enemies. David has to be one of the most interesting people in all the Bible. It is amazing to me that the way David's story is told that it is so easy to related to a king of an Ancient Near East Nations. Funny. He is also inspiring with my latest philosophy and that is to not be bored. The entire Bathsheba circumstances might have been avoided if David wasn't staring out the window every day:)

Let us cry out to God, for his love has been demonstrated forever, and his covenant has stood firm.

No comments: