Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Psalm 90:9-17

9 For all our days pass away under your wrath;
we bring our years to an end like a sigh.
10 The years of our life are seventy,
or even by reason of strength eighty;
yet their span is but toil and trouble;
they are soon gone, and we fly away.
11 Who considers the power of your anger,
and your wrath according to the fear of you?

12 So teach us to number our days
that we may get a heart of wisdom.
13 Return, O Lord! How long?
Have pity on your servants!
14 Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love,
that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
15 Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us,
and for as many years as we have seen evil.
16 Let your work be shown to your servants,
and your glorious power to their children.
17 Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us,
and establish the work of our hands upon us;
yes, establish the work of our hands!

When it all comes down to it, there isn't much to our lives.  Not many years, some pain and heartache and then gone.  Even as I write that I don't believe it.  I think it takes being old, older than I am to really embrace that life is made up of so little.  Though when we look at life through the power and perspective of God, it is easy to see how we could think such a thing.

Numbering our days.  Look at them, set them apart.  See how few we have and make each one count.  One of my goals right now is to have my goals written out by December and to find a business mentor.  My hope is that this will give me the time and focus to put my heart's desires before God and allow him to lead me in the direction of accomplishing them.  It is like running my first marathon, that changed me.  I trained and planned and then accomplished, it was very spiritual and life changing.  God placed in me a hope and trust that I had not experienced with Him after that.

There was trust.  That even if something took a long time (the marathon goal took at least five years before I accomplished it) that God was not going to leave me out to dry.  He would see through the hard work I put in, guiding me the entire time.  I really believe that and want to learn what that means for other areas of my life; my family, my home, my work, my ministry.  Let God establish the work of our hands!  What a wonderful prayer for each day.

Currently my daily prayer is, "God allow me to meet and talk to the people you desire me to."  In the beginning that is all you have when it comes to sales.  Now that  a few of these accounts are buying I do need to have another prayer, establish the work of our hands.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: