Thursday, September 20, 2007

Psalm 105:7-15

7 He is the Lord our God;his judgments are in all the earth.
8 He remembers his covenant forever,the word that he commanded, for a thousand generations,
9 the covenant that he made with Abraham,his sworn promise to Isaac,
10 which he confirmed to Jacob as a statute,to Israel as an everlasting covenant,
11 saying, “To you I will give the land of Canaanas your portion for an inheritance.”
12 When they were few in number,of little account, and sojourners in it,
13 wandering from nation to nation,from one kingdom to another people,
14 he allowed no one to oppress them;he rebuked kings on their account,
15 saying, “Touch not my anointed ones,do my prophets no harm!”

Silence and now judgment. Very hard things to deal with when it comes to God, both are covered in the Psalm. If we were God we would never be judgmental or silent right, probably not the case. The good news of his judgments are they are based upon promises made in the past, those are remember and foundational so that the judgments are right.

God has a habit of taking very humble, small means and making them great. Often times when I read articles about 6 year olds who start companies
http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/09/19/playspan-takes-65m-series-a-founder-in-grade-6/ I feel like, WTF, what have I done with my life. Then I remember that God does use the humble, keep working, being faithful and dreaming and good things will happen. Honestly they already have, I have a great wife, daughter and a second child on the way. He does take care of us in line with his promises.

No comments: