Monday, September 17, 2007

Psalm 108

108:1 My heart is steadfast, O God!
I will sing and make melody with all my being!
2 Awake, O harp and lyre!
I will awake the dawn!
3 I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing praises to you among the nations.
4 For your steadfast love is great above the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.

5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens!
Let your glory be over all the earth!
6 That your beloved ones may be delivered,
give salvation by your right hand and answer me!

7 God has promised in his holiness:
“With exultation I will divide up Shechem
and portion out the Valley of Succoth.
8 Gilead is mine; Manasseh is mine;
Ephraim is my helmet,
Judah my scepter.
9 Moab is my washbasin;
upon Edom I cast my shoe;
over Philistia I shout in triumph.”

10 Who will bring me to the fortified city?
Who will lead me to Edom?
11 Have you not rejected us, O God?
You do not go out, O God, with our armies.
12 Oh grant us help against the foe,
for vain is the salvation of man!
13 With God we shall do valiantly;
it is he who will tread down our foes.

Beautiful call to worship here. Get into dig out your instruments and start playing, as they say in the black church, it is time to have some church. We are going to have a good time because God loves us and is faithful.

Be exalted, God. This isn't because some how God has come down but a reminder to ourselves. Our own hearts, that God would be exalted! God rescues us, his right hand strengthen us. Does this mean God is right handed? I wonder what Jesus is?

All these places that seem so powerful, they are mine. Some are my washbasin, others I rest my shoes on. Remember God is in control. He will deliver us from our enemies and we will have the victory.


No comments: