Friday, September 28, 2007

Sinometrics makes lunch

Today our office did something really cool. We all arrived at work, most of us our normal time, others came in early, and then at 9:30AM we went to a soup kitchen to prepare and serve the homeless in our community lunch. It was a really great time, and a great thing for our owner to get us involved with.

Again my world's coming together. While in Oakland, I was involved in this work at least once a month. Now I am doing it as a salesperson. We fed well over 200 people and had a great time doing it. In addition to our office there were a number of other volunteers who were great to serve alongside.

Because I know how much fun actually serving the meal can be, and how much of an impact that can have on someone who has never done it before. I washed dishes the entire time. It was exhausting but thankfully I chatting with the other regular volunteer the whole time and we really enjoyed it! I was back in the office for a few more hours, but the damp food smell of my clothes finally got to me about 3:30 so I headed home. All in all it was a really great experience!

No comments: