Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Psalm 111

111:1 Praise the Lord!I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart,in the company of the upright, in the congregation.
2 Great are the works of the Lord,studied by all who delight in them.
3 Full of splendor and majesty is his work,and his righteousness endures forever.
4 He has caused his wondrous works to be remembered;the Lord is gracious and merciful.
5 He provides food for those who fear him;he remembers his covenant forever.
6 He has shown his people the power of his works,in giving them the inheritance of the nations.
7 The works of his hands are faithful and just;all his precepts are trustworthy;
8 they are established forever and ever,to be performed with faithfulness and uprightness.
9 He sent redemption to his people;he has commanded his covenant forever.Holy and awesome is his name!
10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;all those who practice it have a good understanding.His praise endures forever!

Thankfulness is the mark of a changed life. Sourness and thankfulness cannot exist. Last Friday when my office was serving lunch to the homeless of Seattle and I got stuck doing dishes I needed a thankful hear. Whenever anyone set a plate down for me to wash I thanked them. That kept me from being sour about my position and lead me to truly enjoy the position I was end.

God's grace and mercy can make you thankful anytime if you understand it. He has given you everything. There are promises that he has made and he is out to fulfill them. If you don't know them, ask someone, or look for them, either way you can find it.

Don't treat God like a joke or like an animal in the zoo there for you to observe, rather he is to be feared. That seems very odd to us these days, frankly there is not much that we are afraid of because we have the day in and day out figured out pretty well. Once you start examining the question of God, goodness, and how this world could be created by a good God you enter into some very difficult areas. Taken too lightly don't be surprised if you get burned, walk in fear with a heart ready to learn then you are on the right road.

No comments: