Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Psalm 119:25-32

25 My soul clings to the dust;
give me life according to your word!
26 When I told of my ways, you answered me;
teach me your statutes!
27 Make me understand the way of your precepts,
and I will meditate on your wondrous works.
28 My soul melts away for sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word!
29 Put false ways far from me
and graciously teach me your law!
30 I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
I set your rules before me.
31 I cling to your testimonies, O Lord;
let me not be put to shame!
32 I will run in the way of your commandments
when you enlarge my heart!

We do not have that much going on in this life. Looking at dust reminds us of how simple we are. Therefore the only thing we have to cling to in this life is God's word. Our ways are not God's ways, often they are opposed. We must look to God to direct us, cling to God's word. My heart grows according to the amount that I seek his word.

No comments: