Saturday, January 12, 2008

Proverbs 2:9-15

9 Then you will understand righteousness and justice
and equity, every good path;
10 for wisdom will come into your heart,
and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;
11 discretion will watch over you,
understanding will guard you,
12 delivering you from the way of evil,
from men of perverted speech,
13 who forsake the paths of uprightness
to walk in the ways of darkness,
14 who rejoice in doing evil
and delight in the perverseness of evil,
15 men whose paths are crooked,
and who are devious in their ways.

Seeing God makes the good things clear. That leads me to reflect about how often I have a hard time in knowing what the correct/wise thing to do is especially in relationships with other people. I am a very emotional person, part of that is I care often when I need not to, so could it mean that when I am struggling with what is the correct involvement with a particular person or situation I am not seeing God clearly? I wonder.

Righteousness, justice and equity, and every good path. It seems that there are many out there today trying to confuse us regarding these things. Every issues seems so clouded and manipulated it becomes hard to know how to act. Yet I like the way discretion is not something that you work hard to get or even understand, rather it guards over you. You will be delivered from evil, and those who are playing mean games. That also tells me that if you are delivered you end up in the mess.

No comments: