Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Proverbs 5:7-14

7 And now, O sons, listen to me,
and do not depart from the words of my mouth.
8 Keep your way far from her,
and do not go near the door of her house,
9 lest you give your honor to others
and your years to the merciless,
10 lest strangers take their fill of your strength,
and your labors go to the house of a foreigner,
11 and at the end of your life you groan,
when your flesh and body are consumed,
12 and you say, “How I hated discipline,
and my heart despised reproof!
13 I did not listen to the voice of my teachers
or incline my ear to my instructors.
14 I am at the brink of utter ruin
in the assembled congregation.”

You have limited resources use them well. Other women, other loves, things outside of what God has given you are a waste to spend your energy on. All it does is help people prosper who shouldn't be. Discipline brings about focus on the correct things.

Just yesterday Guy cited a study that said the human mind is in limited supply of our capacity to use self discipline, therefore when we do it in one area often times we let other area slack. Boy does that sound like the was sin works in me. I get 'control' in one area of my life just to turn around and see other plates falling to the ground. That is why it is not in our own strength we do these this but rely on the strength God has given us through Holy Ghost. It is rough when you get together with everyone and just feel wasted because you have nothing left.

No comments: