Friday, April 11, 2008

Proverbs 6:1-5

6:1 My son, if you have put up security for your neighbor,
have given your pledge for a stranger,
2 if you are snared in the words of your mouth,
caught in the words of your mouth,
3 then do this, my son, and save yourself,
for you have come into the hand of your neighbor:
go, hasten, and plead urgently with your neighbor.
4 Give your eyes no sleep
and your eyelids no slumber;
5 save yourself like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter,
like a bird from the hand of the fowler.

Be careful who you give your word to. When you make a promise make sure you know the person. This is a place I have to grow. I meet someone on the street and I am ready to pour everything I have to them. People from networking events are my best friend. This Proverb encourages us to run when we have made commitments to people we have shouldn't.

No comments: