Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Proverbs 6:12-19

12 A worthless person, a wicked man,
goes about with crooked speech,
13 winks with his eyes, signals with his feet,
points with his finger,
14 with perverted heart devises evil,
continually sowing discord;
15 therefore calamity will come upon him suddenly;
in a moment he will be broken beyond healing.

16 There are six things that the Lord hates,
seven that are an abomination to him:
17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked plans,
feet that make haste to run to evil,
19 a false witness who breathes out lies,
and one who sows discord among brothers.

Worthless. I normally do not think of people that way. Yet the Proverbs does. Those people who talk with crooked speech. They are trying to trick people, lame, it just messes up anything everyone's trying to do. Wink with his eyes, now I wink at my daughters all the time. So I hope this doesn't put me in the worthless category. Mine is an act of love and affection, theirs is a signal, pointing while planning evil. What happens to these folks? They get theirs.

Six things God hates, seven make the list complete:
1. Haughty eyes- arrogant, selfish vision...God likes people who look out for others because it is what he does.
2. Lying tongue- need I say more
3. Hands that shed innocent blood- I'll only comment you had better be sure that they are not innocent if you choose to shed their blood
4. a heart that devises wicked plans
5. fee that hurry to run to evil- running isn't enough you hurry to run
6. lying about what you saw to get someone else in trouble- destroys the fabric of society
7. one who starts fights with brothers- this makes me think about all the Christian's I hate and how I need to respond to them.

No comments: