Monday, June 28, 2010

Proverbs 9:7-12, do what with the fool.

7 Whoever corrects a scoffer gets himself abuse, and he who reproves a wicked man incurs injury.
8 Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you; reprove a wise man, and he will love you.
9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.
11 For by me your days will be multiplied, and years will be added to your life.
12 If you are wise, you are wise for yourself; if you scoff, you alone will bear it.

These seems like very simple instructions. Though when you are in the circumstance and it is intense are a sweet reminder as to why younger facing difficulty. There are people who aree scoffers and wicked that will simoke tear into you. Often I assume since what I'm. sharing is right or good that it will be received. When it isn't, I often question myself. That INS a very bad thing to do when dealing with wicked or scoffers.

This also challenges me to speak words of correction, which are not my favorite thing to do. I don't like getting them most of the time, and I don't like giving them. Yet there are wise people out there, and they love truth. How will in ever gove someone the chance to demonstrate if they are wicked or wise? And their reaction is not a reflection on me. Plus it is a path to love. That is motivating.

Verse 10 is another summary of the book of Proverbs. Fear of the Lord, not man, wife, job, children, or death...but fear of the Lord. You will live long if you get this and you will not be left alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this subject. I have been really seeking God's wisdom on this a lot lately. This really helps, thanks again.

-April