Monday, October 22, 2007

Psalm 118:14-29

14 The Lord is my strength and my song;he has become my salvation.
15 Glad songs of salvationare in the tents of the righteous:“The right hand of the Lord does valiantly,
16 the right hand of the Lord exalts,the right hand of the Lord does valiantly!”
17 I shall not die, but I shall live,and recount the deeds of the Lord.
18 The Lord has disciplined me severely,but he has not given me over to death.
19 Open to me the gates of righteousness,that I may enter through themand give thanks to the Lord.
20 This is the gate of the Lord;the righteous shall enter through it.
21 I thank you that you have answered meand have become my salvation.
22 The stone that the builders rejectedhas become the cornerstone.
23 This is the Lord's doing;it is marvelous in our eyes.
24 This is the day that the Lord has made;let us rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Save us, we pray, O Lord!O Lord, we pray, give us success!
26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!We bless you from the house of the Lord.
27 The Lord is God,and he has made his light to shine upon us.Bind the festal sacrifice with cords,up to the horns of the altar!
28 You are my God, and I will give thanks to you;you are my God; I will extol you.
29 Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;for his steadfast love endures forever!

Strength and song are a beautiful picture. Reminds me much of the personality of King David, the warrior artist. Both are rare, God is both for us. He is so good to us it leads us to sing. Remember "party over here...party over there." His right hand is strong, it lifts us up, it does what is brave and good.

He will spare my life, so that I can sing this song he has given me. There is discipline, I screw up and know it, but that is far different then the suffering of death.

The kingdom of God that we enter is a great one. Gates of righteousness. Special stone that was unable to be used for any other purpose. Builders thought it was worthless but it is that stone in which the entire kingdom rests. I cannot help but here the Bob Marley song on the stone that the builder refused here. God has made it all and it is a sight to behold.

Take this song, take the name of the Lord with you and you shall be blessed. Light will shine on your path, and there will be food for the sacrifice. It is good to be on of the Lord's.

No comments: