Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Psalm 119:57-64

57 The Lord is my portion;I promise to keep your words.
58 I entreat your favor with all my heart;be gracious to me according to your promise.
59 When I think on my ways,I turn my feet to your testimonies;
60 I hasten and do not delay to keep your commandments.
61 Though the cords of the wicked ensnare me,I do not forget your law.
62 At midnight I rise to praise you,because of your righteous rules.
63 I am a companion of all who fear you,of those who keep your precepts.
64 The earth, O Lord, is full of your steadfast love;teach me your statutes!

I wonder what the Psalmist 'portion size' would be, hehe. He is enough, he fits, and leads the Psalmist to make the vow to keep his word. All of htis is not just emotional, in the heart, or knowledge, in the head. Rather it also effects how the Psalmist lives and acts in the word, his actions turn toward the testimonies of the Lord.

None of this has to do with perfection, or walking an easy life. The cords of wicked still ensnare him. Sometimes it is easy to feel that way. You are doing 'everything' right, and yet there is still so much wrong around you. It keeps him up at night, not with worry though, but rather praise. His time and energy are committed to others who fear God and want to do what He says.

No comments: