Monday, November 26, 2007

Psalm 119:137-144

137 Righteous are you, O Lord, and right are your rules.
138 You have appointed your testimonies in righteousness and in all faithfulness.
139 My zeal consumes me, because my foes forget your words.
140 Your promise is well tried, and your servant loves it.
141 I am small and despised, yet I do not forget your precepts.
142 Your righteousness is righteous forever, and your law is true.
143 Trouble and anguish have found me out, but your commandments are my delight.
144 Your testimonies are righteous forever; give me understanding that I may live.

Who makes the rules? Often times we think we do, but that is not the case. With science we often try to name the rules, even though it is not only with science we try with counseling and I am sure many other things. Yet most people realize there are forces outside of us, the rules, then some other even note that there seem to be forces even outside the rules, to me that is where God lives. Some might say unfair...true.

I would be concerned if God were not faithful and righeous. He never had to tell me about himself and yet He did. I have taken him up and listened, and the story checks out. Am I the best jude probably not, but I've listened. Payed attention to as much as I can and made sure to put it in to practice. The times when I have failed to I have taken note of the consequences. The story checks out, and it is better to enjoy God rather than to fight against the tide.

No comments: