Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Psalm 119:153-160

153 Look on my affliction and deliver me, for I do not forget your law.
154 Plead my cause and redeem me; give me life according to your promise!
155 Salvation is far from the wicked, for they do not seek your statutes.
156 Great is your mercy, O Lord; give me life according to your rules.
157 Many are my persecutors and my adversaries, but I do not swerve from your testimonies.
158 I look at the faithless with disgust, because they do not keep your commands.
159 Consider how I love your precepts! Give me life according to your steadfast love.
160 The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever.

Check me out. I know I'm a mess that is exactly why I need God's help, and by the way I still love his law. There are many who are in my position, married, family, doing sales, unsure what is ahead of them; and they don't even care. They just keep going along in their own strength and there is not concern for anything outside themselves to help them. I've read your word and know it to be true.

I have been in over my head for years and yet you have been merciful toward me. There were situations where someone could have gotten killed and should have gotten hurt and yet you took care of us. Disgust toward the faithless? Maybe, but really more of just totally being incapable of understanding how they get through life. The disgust comes when their selfcenteredness begins to hurt others, I hate bullies.

So what is the bottom line YOUR WORD = Truth. You have always been righteous and always will.

No comments: