Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Psalm 119:161-168

161 Princes persecute me without cause, but my heart stands in awe of your words.
162 I rejoice at your word like one who finds great spoil.
163 I hate and abhor falsehood, but I love your law.
164 Seven times a day I praise you for your righteous rules.
165 Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble.
166 I hope for your salvation, O Lord, and I do your commandments.
167 My soul keeps your testimonies; I love them exceedingly.
168 I keep your precepts and testimonies, for all my ways are before you.

Those in power aren't looking favorably on the Psalmist, which should be no surprise since he was a man of power himself. And I have some suspicion that might be the case for our country as well that the entire 'religious' movement might have run it's course with the last administration, but who know we will see.

There are treasures all over God's word to be found. Spend some time in it and find out for yourself. They can bring peace to you when you are worried and can give you understanding in how to deal with terrible people. All day I God is given thanks. God also provides us with hope for the future there, reminding us that he is in control, he wins, and we will be taken care of.

No comments: