Monday, November 12, 2007

Psalm 119:81-88

81 My soul longs for your salvation;
I hope in your word.
82 My eyes long for your promise;
I ask, “When will you comfort me?”
83 For I have become like a wineskin in the smoke,
yet I have not forgotten your statutes.
84 How long must your servant endure?
When will you judge those who persecute me?
85 The insolent have dug pitfalls for me;
they do not live according to your law.
86 All your commandments are sure;
they persecute me with falsehood; help me!
87 They have almost made an end of me on earth,
but I have not forsaken your precepts.
88 In your steadfast love give me life,
that I may keep the testimonies of your mouth.

My expectation is that the job is already done. Complete and wrapped up in a bow and then I wonder why I still run into trouble. I am in need of comfort. Everything is not complete and we are not finished we are still in the middle of God's work in this world. Exhausted, worn out, left hanging in a smoky room, yet still believing. Most of this comes from people, who are out to get me. Digging traps and persecuting almost to the point of death.

Lord, take care of me when I have nothing else. When people have hurt me and wounded me and I don't think I can take anymore be my comfort. Teach me of you love that can sustain me and allow your law to loving come from my lips, reminding me of the life you have intended for me.

No comments: