Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Psalm 119:89-96

89 Forever, O Lord, your word is firmly fixed in the heavens.
90 Your faithfulness endures to all generations;you have established the earth, and it stands fast.
91 By your appointment they stand this day,for all things are your servants.
92 If your law had not been my delight,I would have perished in my affliction.
93 I will never forget your precepts,for by them you have given me life.
94 I am yours; save me,for I have sought your precepts.
95 The wicked lie in wait to destroy me,but I consider your testimonies.
96 I have seen a limit to all perfection,but your commandment is exceedingly broad.

The word is fixed in the heavens, because it is important and held up, or so everyone can see? Is the word merely the law or more to it? If there is more to it, then this has some really cool implications for the John 1 passage on the word.

I woke up tired this morning, I have been unable with the wild sleep schedule of having a new baby to run, I don't like that. My morning times are more interupted then they normally are. Yet this morning to hear that I am appointed to stand, just as these mountains that I am looking at. That God has delight and purpose for me, regardless of running or meditation time or feeling frazzled, I am grateful.

His word is my life. I am encouraged, sent thinking in wonder, and comforted by it. I am grateful this morning for the place he has provided in my heart and life for it. May it grow even more.

No comments: