Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Psalm 120

120:1 In my distress I called to the Lord,
and he answered me.
2 Deliver me, O Lord,
from lying lips,
from a deceitful tongue.
3 What shall be given to you,
and what more shall be done to you,
you deceitful tongue?
4 A warrior's sharp arrows,
with glowing coals of the broom tree!
5 Woe to me, that I sojourn in Meshech,
that I dwell among the tents of Kedar!
6 Too long have I had my dwelling
among those who hate peace.
7 I am for peace,
but when I speak, they are for war!

You know it is not a bad idea to be around people who share some of your same passions. Especially when those passions are for things like peace. Where do you make those connections? How do you sustain them? It starts with putting in the call to your lifeline who is God. I don't know if you have ever tried to reason with a person who is hell bent on war, but there is no reasoning. I'm not just talking about an emotional flare up, but a ongoing desire too destroy others. Only a supernatural work can change the heart of someone like this, and if you have been involved with them for years only a supernatural work can free you as well.

No comments: