Thursday, November 22, 2007

Psalm 119:129-136

129 Your testimonies are wonderful; therefore my soul keeps them.
130 The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple.
131 I open my mouth and pant, because I long for your commandments.
132 Turn to me and be gracious to me, as is your way with those who love your name.
133 Keep steady my steps according to your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me.
134 Redeem me from man's oppression, that I may keep your precepts.
135 Make your face shine upon your servant, and teach me your statutes.
136 My eyes shed streams of tears, because people do not keep your law.

I am a pragmatist. Faith does not begin there, I think faith begins with truth, being engaged with Jesus and not being able to get around it. One of the things I am finding the older I get and the more time I just spend in God's word is that it makes a practical difference. It works. What you read, try to live out, really makes me a better husband, employee, friend, and person. It is wonderful.

Understanding was not something that I was concerned with until the birth of my first daughter. That is probably why God gave me children so young is because I was in seminary and only really cared about the great questions and thought understanding was for the birds. No I am thankful for the light that God provides even if it is dim sometimes, He has truly given wisdom to the simple I am the prime example.

I hope to only grow more and more passionate about my love for God's word.

No comments: